Want some ideas for the best housewarming gifts for the new homeowner in your life? I’ve got you covered. I remember buying my first house as a young single woman. I felt so proud that I was able to accomplish the “American dream”. And to tell you the truth, I wanted to purchase my first home as a single woman because I wanted to know that I could do so without the help of a man. But after that feeling of accomplishment, the thing that I most remember are the housewarming gifts that I got from my family. It was their way of patting me on the back and saying, “good job” and “we support you”. And that was almost 20 years ago. So, I definitely see the importance of coming up with the best housewarming gifts money can buy. Without breaking the bank, of course! To start on the right foot, go ahead and join my FREE Decorating Made Easy Challenge. You’ll learn the tricks to easily decorate your home, even if you don’t have an eye for design. Now let’s get started.
Top Personalized Housewarming Gifts For New Homeowners
Personalized gifts are great for a new homeowner because they allow them to bask in the glow of owning a piece of the American pie. These monogrammed gifts can have the address or homeowner’s name, or initials added to them.
- Monogrammed door mats – having monogrammed door mats are a great way to welcome your neighbors and show how proud you are of your new home! It’s a great gift for anyone who’s excited about being a new homeowner.
- Monogrammed coasters – coasters aren’t just to protect your furniture anymore, they can be quite decorative! I’ve seen some very beautiful marble and leather coasters, with a variety of colors to choose from. Having them monogrammed as a gift even makes the gift more personal.
- Monogrammed BBQ grill tools – I’ve lived in several apartment communities where grilling on your deck was against the rules. So finally moving into your own house is likely the first time in a long time the new homeowner will get a chance to grill. And what better way to solidify that freedom than to have your own set of monogrammed grilling tools?!
- Customized address stamp – as a kid, I remember my mom buying this for our family when we purchased our new house. As a little girl I just loved how it felt to stamp our return address on the envelopes as we sent out holiday card and even bills. I can only image the joy of being the actual homeowner and seeing your address stamp come to life.
Top Useful and Practical Housewarming Gifts For New Homeowners
If you’re concerned about giving not just a thoughtful gift, but one that the recipient will use over and over again, I’ve got you covered.
- WIFI range extender – maybe not the most sexiest gift alive, but very very practical. Especially for the Millennial generation. If your loved one works from home, or really, just likes to surf the internet, watch TV on demand, or Netflix and chill, this gift will make them smile for days.
- Robot vacuum – raise your hand, who likes to clean? Not me! And at first thought, getting someone a vacuum seems like a boring gift, but not when your vacuum does all the work for you! This is a great practical gift, freeing up the time in your loved one’s life so they can spend time doing things they actually enjoy.
- Costco membership – moving into a home means that you probably have more space than you did in your rental. And have a few extra closets or cabinets. Which means you can buy stuff in bulk. And buying in bulk means better deals. But here’s a tip, if you spend a few extra dollars and upgrade to the Executive membership, your loved one will get a valuable reward certificate at the end of the year based off what they purchased. Cha-ching!
- Wall calendar – practical? Check! Cute? Check! This extra-large wall calendar covers both boxes. I purchase the XXX calendar every year. It’s a great place to keep all of the appointments and important dates in one place for the entire family to see.
- Picture hanging tool – practical and totally useful. Covering bare walls is one of the tips to help make your house feel like a home. That’s because, as part of moving and settling in, one of the top things on everyone’s list is to hang pictures and artwork.
Top Last-Minute Housewarming Gifts For New Homeowners
The key here is that it’s all about the presentation (and it’s the thought that counts). So, to make these gifts stand out, feel free to go all out when it comes to how you package the gift. A perfectly tied ribbon, elaborate gift bag or fancy box will help make even the most common item look more elaborate and thoughtful.
- Blue Apron gift card – what better way to break in a new kitchen then with a homemade gourmet meal? That’s essentially what your loved one will get with this gift card. They’ll use the gift card to purchase a recipe kit of their choice. Then the recipe and ingredients are shipped directly to their new home. No grocery store shopping required! They can take their time cooking and enjoying a really good meal.
- Plants – this is a great gift even if you’re making the purchase last minute. You can find potted plants and succulents at big box stores like Home Depot and Walmart and at grocery stores, too. And since plants last longer than flowers, they’ll add a bit of warmth to any home for years to come.
- Gift basket – you can find home related gift baskets from stores like Williams Sonoma or food gift baskets from stores like Edible Arrangements. These last-minute gifts will still brighten up your loved one’s day. And be quite useful, too.
- Amazon gift card Prime membership – come on now, who doesn’t like Amazon Prime? It’s pretty hard to beat the convenience of having whatever you need shipped directly to your door within a day or two. And having an endless amount of options to choose from, your loved one can use their gift card to purchase books, home décor, small kitchen appliances or even furniture!
- Artisan or exotic kitchen items – this includes coffee, tea or spices. Even olive oil can be a top-notch gift when it’s infused with white truffle or aromatic basil. Stores like Williams Sonoma have gift sets already pre-packed and they’ll even wrap the gift for you!
Top Luxury Housewarming Gifts For New Homeowners
These gifts are great for the homeowner that likes a little class and bling in their life.
- Ring doorbell – this has become the “go-to” for home security and there’s a good reason why. This doorbell lets you capture whatever activity happens on your front porch. And I’ve even seen where people’s cameras catch what’s going on in the street and surrounding neighborhood. If the new homeowner wants to know that their package arrived, they can catch it on their ring camera. All thanks to you.
- Sonos speaker – we use ours to blast music when we’re having a get together or party. And we also stream soft music to help us smooth out after a long day’s work. These speakers have such great clarity that they handle both jobs.
- Echo Dot or Echo Spot – want an in-home intercom system? How about a radio? An alarm clock? The echo does all that and then some. I like to play trivia games on mine. And chat with my teen without having to yell throughout the house.
- Nest Thermostat – the Nest is the new hot item in terms of thermostats. Easy to install and it has the ability to regulate temperature, so it’s kept at the optimal level to save money on your heating and cooling bill. Plus, it’s rather sleek looking, too.
- Luxury candle – I almost hesitated to add candles to the list, but these can certainly be a luxury item. From Yankee Candle to the top of the line luxury candles sold in department stores, the luxury lover in your life will be sure to appreciate one.
- Luxury hand soap set – indulging in a bath of luxury soap is a great way to smooth out and relax after all the gymnastics that come along with buying a home, moving, and getting settled. This gift will be very much appreciated!
Top Traditional Housewarming Gifts For New Homeowners
If you want to be more traditional with your gift giving, these are some great ideas that you can choose from.
- Cookware – having a nice set of cookware is a great gift for any new homeowner. In fact, this was one of the gifts that I received for my first home. And, yes, almost 20 years later, I’m still using several of the items from the quality set.
- Glasses – you can never have too many glasses, right?! Feel free to consider your friends taste, because you’ll have a ton of options. From formal glassware to bar sets, you can choose a set that works for whatever stage of life your loved one is in.
- Plates – having extra plates is always appreciated. Again, these can be more formal or casual. And if your loved one buys their new home in the summer, feel free to purchase outdoor place set.
- Towels – I received dish towels as a gift from my son’s girlfriend and let me just tell you how much they come in handy! Kitchen towels can add a bit of color and personality to the home so have fun picking them out.
- Coffee maker – now you can get as fancy as you want to with coffee makers. My husband is the coffee drinker in our family, or as I like to say the coffee snob. You can purchase the pretty popular Keurig as a good place to start.
- Slow cooker – slow cookers aren’t just for winter meal anymore. The updated version of the old-fashioned slow cooker is the InstaPot. But it has the same traditional convenience of set it and forget it cooking. Who wouldn’t get excited over that?
Top Housewarming Gifts For Any New Homeowner In Your Life
We just went over several gift options to help you give the best housewarming gift for your loved one. We went over the top personalized gifts and useful, practical, luxury and traditional gifts. And I even included last minute housewarming gifts in case you’re running low on time. You have a lot of options to choose from to help you celebrate anyone on your list. Last but not least, So, go ahead and join my FREE Decorating Made Easy Challenge. You’ll learn the tricks to easily decorate your home, even if you don’t have an eye for design.
And please, take a few minutes and leave a comment below and let me know how these tips have helped you.
- How To Decorate Any Room From Start To Finish In 10 Easy Steps
- The 4 Home Décor Truths That Make Decorating Easier
- 10 Ways To Have Your House Look More Put Together